Monday, April 16, 2007

People Suck

Yeah- I know. I never update my blog, and when I do it's never interesting enough for Brian Lynch to print off and pass around at Gravity Pub (Eastside blah blah blah), and now I'm finally getting around to it and this is the best title I can come up with.

But hey guess what- it's true! People suck. I realize that this is sort of a core tenet of my reformed Protestant faith and stuff, I just wish people didn't feel so strongly about proving it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Yes, I know a lot more people have died in Iraq than died today at Virginia Tech, and I am sort of troubled that a school shooting seems to be a bigger deal than a war to me on this day. I guess we should never try to quantify suffering or evil- it just is what it is. I'm not really going anywhere with this- I'm just angry.

1 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Blogger bethany said...

i agree with your assessment on every level.

p.s. i have become quite the dar williams fan lately--at first i only had the song "the christians and the pagans" that my friend gave me, but now i have the entire cd of "the beauty of the rain" and "my better self." she's great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home