Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Passing of a Damn Fine Dog


RIP, Smacker.

My mother's dog, Maxine, passed on to the big duck blind in the sky today after 15 years of barking, retrieving, flushing, biting unsuspecting strangers, and eating our kitchen doorframe. That's not really big news for the majority of you who are actually reading this, but it's still certainly worthy of a blog posting. She was a lovely soul, despite her destructive appetite for moulding, and I will miss her.

4 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger KQ said...

I think that's her "don't shoot me, I'm just a dog trying to stay warm" device.
Thanks for the sympathy, although you're going to have to do better than that if you hope to top my boyfriend's response, which was to offer my grieving mother his cat. Actually it's his roommate's cat.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger LawDog84 said...

The Mighty Max was an amazing dog - lived much longer and healthier than any previous Boykin we've had and did more in the field than any of them too. I don't mind telling you I cried - fortunately, I was by myself. Unfortunately, I was driving down Highway 51.

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger bethany said...

i may be a month overdue, but i'm also sorry to hear about the pup.
(p.s., now i have access to all your secret blogging thoughts...)

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Edelman said...

okq, it's been over a month now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home