Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A Bed of Oysters

In all fairness, I really can't give other people a hard time about never updating their blogs if I refuse to update mine. It's not so much a refusal as it is an increasing obsession with doing absolutely nothing after work, save for sitting on my couch, watching seasons 1-5 of Angel, and counting my Weight Watchers points. Between the SmartOnes desserts and Wesley Wendham-Price's intense character development over the course of season 2, who has time to "update the blog" or even "clean the condo" ?

I would like to point out, however, that I have been actively attending social functions with one Matt Stersic, who can now, I believe, be easily Googled to this exact spot. Hi, Stersic-seekers! So- I go to Savannah, he comes to Atlanta, I make him rescue kittens, move furniture, move my friends' furniture. . . and he makes me breakfast. Which I can then convert into Weight Watchers points!

Speaking of kittens . . . look how happy not-so-tiny Oscar is with Amy! He done folded himself in half!


Amy took this picture. She actually also folded the cat.

Alas, I have missed out on some golden blogging opportunities, not the least of which is the titular location upon which I had my first oyster harvesting experience. On New Year's Eve (day), I joined Stersic and Ms. Amy Salley and others in providing a much needed service to Dave Bradley's father, who needed 8,000,000 oysters for his fabulous New Year's Eve party. Conveniently, the Bradley Estate has its own oyster bed. In exchange for a few hours of manual labor in the shoe-sucking mud, we received pizza, beer, and seriously bankable glory points. And also oysters. In lieu of my incredibly witty descriptions (or . . . in support of, I guess), I shall present you with a pictorial:


A big-ass bed of oysters. And the people who make it happen. Every day. For you.


A multi-tasking redneck. Just kidding- it's Dave climbing a ladder while hoisting a bucket of oysters AND smoking!


Matt looking not at all uncool or mentally handicapped.


Liz and I tastefully display our oysters, while Amy just tastes hers. Ew.


After this we took Daddy's Rolls out on the grounds and did doughnuts.


Psyche! We actually just hit golf balls off the roof of his dock.

3 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I'm a photojournalist! Or at least half of a crack photojournalist team.

Amy--intrepid girl reporter.

Okay. I stole that from Veronica Mars. Still.

Savannah or bust.

 
At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell stersic he looks pretty good for an old man. Hope all is well

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Dear Kathleen Quinlen--

I will be more than happy to drive my car to Savannah to play in the Co-Ed Affair with Rival so long as you let me know when it is to take place before too unreasonable a time has passed.

As for Stephen Salley, I am not my brother's keeper. Which explains some of his decision-making.

Thanks,
Amy Salley

Ultimate Mercenary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home