Sunday, October 16, 2005

There's Something Out There . . .


I drew this beautiful picture all by myself. Really.

I’ll do this in two parts, so as not to get too boring all at once. We have a dream and then an interpretation using an online dream analysis website (I’m thinking it’s probably going to be along the lines of OK Cupid- maybe it will tell me I’m an anarchist!).

So first, the dream:

Somebody was getting married. I have no idea who it was, and, given the detailed nature of this dream, I don’t know how in the world I could be expected to remember. My parents and I had gotten rooms at the Worst Motel in the history of all lodgedom, and, for some reason, I brought my cat, Mona, and another cat that I apparently picked up on the way to wherever we were going. Oh yeah- as we will later find out, I had also gone to college in this Unnamed Town.


For those who are wondering- yes, my parents always wear hunting clothes.
Even when travelling to a wedding in my dreams.

Worst Motel did not allow pets, but I was able to sneak the cats in. Unfortunately, my room was under construction, and there were two giant holes in the floor (one in the bathroom) that actually went down for several floors with scaffolding running from top to bottom. Not only did this mean that the cats could not be contained in my room, as they could climb down the scaffolding and access the rest of the building, but it also meant that they could interact with a FERAL CAT COLONY (cause . . . why not?) that was living in the motel (did I mention that this was the Worst Motel EVER?).

In the meantime, I was supposed to go visit the class of an old professor of mine to pick up my dress for the wedding (and also to say “hi” to my old professor, I guess). I showed up in the classroom of Dr. Cliff Carruba (ed. note- this is not actually possible at present as Cliff is currently being paid to NOT teach. Also, Cliff is neither old nor a former professor of mine). In the end, I sat in on his class, caught up with some folks around whatever campus I was on, and, not surprisingly, forgot to pick up the dress.

True to form, I actually had no idea what I was going to wear to this wedding and had planned to have several options. My date, who turned out to be Jonathan C.S. Robinson, really, really wanted me to wear my bridesmaid’s dress from the Quist-Coker wedding, which he had missed. Unfortunately, I had forgotten to bring that dress. And, after visiting Dr. Carruba, I had now also forgotten to get the other dress option that was, for some reason, locked in a cabinet in his classroom.


After relaying this information to my mother, who was in my room with me attempting to extract my two cats from the feral colony that had moved into my room and was collectively racing wildly about in circles, she turned to me and said “I am very disappointed in you.” She paused and then added “this is the worst motel I have ever stayed in.”


JCSR is also disappointed that I forgot my dress. But, unlike Mom, he has a machine gun.

But not to worry, Mom! I assured her that I had remembered to bring one dress, although it was one that I knew she hated. I pulled it out of the closet and out of the hanging bag, only to realize (for the first time apparently) that it was a long, white, silk, strapless dress. Who wears a wedding dress to the wedding? I mean besides the bride. Oh- right. So, I had, like, 2 hours until the wedding and no dress and (new development!) no shoes and some very exhausted kitties and a very disappointed mother.



Kathleen: Hey- I look good in white! Can I wear your dress instead?
Erin: Back off, biatch.

And then the dream starts to get fuzzy. I think we decided I would have to suffer the humiliation of being That Girl who shows up to a wedding wearing a long white dress, so we decided to make the best of our time and head to Target to pick up some last minute shoes. I ended up in the back seat of an unfamiliar car with some nice people who said they would take me to Target. And then we got car jacked at an intersection because I could not lock my door quickly enough.



This image very closely resembles what happened in my dream.


At that rather violent turn in the dream, I woke up to find my cat (in real life) staring at me unblinkingly.

And . . . that’s it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home