How to Disappear Completely
I am currently hanging out in the Denver airport en route to San Francisco for, mind-bogglingly enough, a 3 hour meeting tomorrow morning. I really AM proud to be an American, y'all!
Anyway, it has been a while since I've taken Frontier anywhere, but it turns out they have nice roomy seats AND in-seat entertainment- who knew? Unfortunately, these seemingly innocuous accoutrements ultimately led to me watching the cinematic atrocity known as Jumper, a veritable Swiss cheese of a screenplay that someone threw special effects at and cried "SHINY! PICTURES!"
I have to confess that I will often watch movies despite horrible reviews, especially in the sci-fi and horror genres. Because I understand this affliction, I feel it is my duty to relieve others of any inclination to watch this movie- even out of morbid curiosity. Thus, for the benefit of anyone who may read this entry, I present the 2 minute recap of the film. Trust me when I say a) I'm not leaving anything out and b) if you're confused, rest assured that I was just as confused if not more so.
Jumper (Abridged)
Anakin: I hate my life but have recently discovered that I can teleport.
Hot Girl: Thank you for the crappy snow globe you bought me. I will never forget you.
Anakin’s Dad: You’re a failure! I’m an alcoholic! Let’s fight!
Anakin: No! Nothing’s been the same since Mom disappeared when I was five years old! *zoop*
Anakin’s Dad: Where did he go? Now I am crazy!
Anakin: Ha! I can rob banks and see the world for the next 8 years!
Samuel L. Jackson: I am Samuel L. Jackson. I will kill this m***er f***er because I hate him so, so much.
Hot Girl: You’re back! I haven’t done anything with my life for 8 years!
Anakin: Look how hot I got, too. Let’s fly to Rome and get busy in the Coliseum.
Hot Girl: My instincts tell me that you’re not being completely honest with me, but hey- Rome! Why not?
Italian Police: Grazi, prego, eh?
Billy Elliot: Bitch, please- I can teleport way better than you. Also, you should watch out for Samuel L. Jackson and his ancient society of teleporter-haters.
Anakin: Eek! Perhaps I have endangered those I love!
Diane Lane: Pretty much.
Anakin: MOM?!?!
Diane Lane: Gotta jet!
Anakin: I think we’d better send you back to America.
Hot Girl: Oh, sigh . . .
Billy Elliot: Get out of my private Mongolian cave!
Anakin: No, let’s take down Samuel L. Jackson together.
Samuel L. Jackson: Stupid cracker. I’ll kill his dad and go after the hot girl.
Anakin’s Dad: MURDERED (???)!!!!
Anakin: NOOOOOOO!
Hot Girl: Why did you make me fly home from Rome all by myself? And . . . why am I in a private Mongolian cave all of a sudden?
Billy Elliot: Great- now we have to introduce a vague, box-like machine that will allow Samuel L. Jackson to follow us as we teleport to continue the plot-line.
Anakin: Sorry. It’s probably all my fault.
Billy Elliot: It’s OK. I can outwit him and then blow up everything with my bomb!
Hot Girl: JACKSONED!!!!
Anakin: NOOOOOO! You can’t blow everything up- Samuel L. Jackson has just kidnapped my girlfriend!
Billy Elliot: Too bad!
Anakin: I will fight you across the globe!
Billy Elliot: CHECHNYAED!!!!
Anakin: Honey? Is that you tied up and gagged in there?
Samuel L. Jackson: Ha ha ha! Now we have him!
Anakin: Yo, back off me and my girl. See, I’m not evil because I don’t kill you when I have the chance.
Samuel L. Jackson: GRAND CANYONED!!!! [puts hands on hips, shakes head, chuckles]
Anakin: So you’re in the secret society of teleporter-haters, too, Mom?
Diane Lane: Pretty much. You’d better jet!
Anakin: Ok, I love you!
Diane Lane: Right back atcha!
Hot Girl: Tee hee- everything is fine! Let’s go to the beach!
Anakin: Tee hee- OK!
THE END


1 Comments:
Thanks for the heads up. The movie looked terrible, but I was eventually going to netflix it probably. Have you seen Ghost Rider? If so, was it worse than that (I find that hard to believe)? Also, have you seen 23, it seems like it may not be worth it, but I feel an obligation there as well.
Post a Comment
<< Home