Obligatory “Why I Started A Blog” Post
I'll be honest- it's really just because all of my friends are doing it. While I'm a fairly forthcoming person (sometimes known as "loud"), I'm too paranoid to be confessional in any format that can be printed and preserved for posterity. Thus, I expect that if I am able to maintain a blog, it will be filled mostly with lies.
For example: Today I cleaned my cat's litter box and did not pile my laundry on the floor. I love cross-stitching!
See? Fascinating, and yet not at all true. And really- it's kind of creepy and self-gratifying to post all your thoughts online and expect other people to read and ponder them, don't you think? Let me know!
Furthermore, it has come to my attention that I have over 650 posts on the AFDC forum. Granted, this total has accumulated over several years, but still . . . I clearly have a lot of important things to say (such as "has anybody seen my big red water jug?" and "who keeps taking Heather Dyke's f***ing bag of Corningware away from the fields?!").
Finally, I have a really cute kitty who should be worshipped and adored.


Isn't she cute? Everyone loves kitties.
Thus, in conclusion, I feel that the aforementioned lies, pointless point-making, and Mona, my cat, all justify the creation and maintenence of my blog.
Respectfully submitted,
Kathleen
Kathleen
P.S.This post was written after the completion of my workday.


5 Comments:
I'm afraid not everyone loves kitties. Feel free to bring your pet over to hang out with Sesto and Janus.
Your verbosity is a genetic condition, evidenced first by the fact that the first outside poster is your brother, who shares genes with you. Therefore, activities which allow you to produce words (writing, talking (loudly), etc.) satisfy an deep-seated congenital need to broadcast your opinions.
However, we also share a genetic predisposition to procrastinate and otherwise not do things. Thinking about but not actually changing the kitty litter is one example of such procrastination. It will be interesting to see which side of your personality wins out.
Mona is nowhere near as cool as Mr. Muffet was, but I suppose she is tolerably cute.
reproducingfeline.
love it. love you. if i do an ode to your loft will you do some kind of ode to me?
This is from your Mom. I have never written to a blog or even read one before. This may also be the last time I do either. I just noticed I have to have a user name and password at the end of this so no one may ever see this.
I like it a whole lot
Post a Comment
<< Home